Zen House Japanese Restaurant » Duluth, MN

Zen House Japanese Restaurant

4147 Haines Rd
Duluth, MN 55811
(218) 722-9365

Visit Web Site

join duluth dish

Comments

8 Responses to “Zen House Japanese Restaurant » Duluth, MN”
  1. Leon Raba says:

Great article! We love the Zen House, and are grateful that it is in our town!

2. Claire says:

I loved this report. Zen House indeed does have top notch sushi — though, I’ve never seen such huge balls of rice in the nigiri. The quality of the fish is sublime. Tom’s report made me want to go there and have some sushi — even though I was just there last Sunday, eating sushi and tempura! This place is great, I just wish it wasn’t located so out of the way, or I’d go there more often than I already do. It’s way better than the inedible sushi at Cub Foods or the ok sushi at Mt. Royal, where they put cream cheese in all their maki rolls these days.

3. tommy says:

i hear there will be a sushi place opening downtown in october

4. tommy says:

it is going to be called hanabi

5. admin says:

Nice tip. Do you know who’s opening it?

6. admin says:

Woohoo! Zen House Holiday Center is opening soon. Could be as soon as a week, could be as late as early October. Old Shanghai Express

7. jen says:

Zen House Holiday Center is Open! We just enjoyed a light, delicious weekday lunch. The location is perfect for downtown workers. Although nearly all the tables were full when we showed up, the service was quick, and the food very fresh.

The miso soup was delicious, and the green tea was perfect. I ordered the spicy tuna roll, and was pleased, although the $6.95 pricetag was high for the size and quality of the roll. The noodle dishes were popular and getting rave reviews. By the time were were done with lunch, the soup and hot tea kicked in, and I felt incredibly warm and happy. I will definitely be back often!

8. TastyTom says: